On the morning of the last day of the program (Friday 21 August), the six groups of students presented their final projects in the presence of Mr Kitami (who came all the way from the south of the Bōsō peninsual for the occasion), Professor Niikura and other staff of the Center for International Research and Education (see videos at the bottom of the page).
The day started with a lecture by Chiba U teaching staff on the conceptualization of the program and of collaborative learning as it is implemented in the global study programs organized by Chiba University’s Center for International Research and Education, in cooperation with partner universities. Then, after the student presentations (see below for details), our counterparts, Professors Papadopoulou and Tokmakidis, provided us with a short history of our collaboration and with their plans for next year’s program to be held in Thessaloniki. The official day of events ended with a big round of applause for Mr Kitami, whose invaluable cooperation made the second week of the program an unforgettable experience for us all, and with the ceremonial conferring of completion diplomas to each of our students.
Later in the evening, a farewell barbecue was held at Inage Kaihin Park where we were joined by many of the student participants from last year’s program, held at AUTh.
Order of presentations:
- The Kusu no Ki community project (Dimitris, Haruka, Hiromi, Iro)
- Planning Activities through cultural resources (Keigo, Doukeni, Shiori, Evgenia)
- Entering a new era: Promotion & advertisement of Kusu no Ki (Dimitris, Kenta, Thanos, Xanthi, Yuna)
- Suggestions for the revitalization program at Kusu no Ki (Viktoria, Anastasia, Maria, Emi, Hiyori)
- Kusu no Ki’s route or…root? Planning of activities for children & people with disabilities (Olga, Nagisa, Rika, Panagiotis, Evangelia)
- Lifting the bamboo district: Farm products and transportation (Theo, Koichi, Tomomi, Reina, Thanos)
Video of final day’s lectures and presentations
Video of final day’s lectures and presentations (with slides)